There are many reasons why you might want to record a screen on a Mac. From trying to help someone solve a problem on a Mac, to create a tutorial for a video, to writing down what you want to review later.
in this article, we are going to share with you 2 easy ways to record screen on a Mac with images.
Method 1. Using QuickTime Player
- Open QuickTime Player from the Apps folder. From the top menu, select
- File> New Screen Recording. Make the necessary changes by clicking the arrow button next to the red record button here.
- Then press the red button to start recording and do one of the following:
- Tap anywhere on the screen to start recording
- Drag where you want to record, and then click the Start Recording button that appears.
- Now press the stop button on the menu bar or press the Command-Control-Esc key combination to stop recording.
QuickTime Player automatically opens the recording as soon as the recording is complete. From here, you can play, edit, or share this post.
Methos 2: Using the in-built tool (macOS Mojave only)
Just like we used the Command-Shift-5 key combination to access the screenshot settings, we can also use the same combination to record the screen. After you press the buttons for this, a number of options will appear on the panel. From there, record the entire screen or record the selected part.
Also check: 6 MacBook Tips & Tricks
- Record the entire screen
- After selecting this option, the pointer changes to the camera.
- Drag and tap this screen to any screen you want to record.
- To stop recording, press the combination again and press the stop button.
- Record Selected Portion
- As soon as this option is selected, the pointer changes to a cross shape.
- Select the screen area you want to record, and then click the Record button.
- Again, press the combination to pause the recording and press the pause button.
There is also an Options button on the panel, which allows you to change the position of the saved record using “Save” to change the settings in the screen recordings, set a timer to start recording the “Timer” screen, “Mute or record sound to get “, and much more.
When you stop recording, a thumbnail of the video will appear at the bottom right of the screen. Here you can click a thumbnail to view, edit, share or delete it. You can also find screenshots on your desktop and perform the same tasks here.